Digging Through The Fat is a literary and arts journal that publishes prose and poetry from emerging and established writers and poets throughout the year. We are currently recruiting volunteers to join our masthead as Fiction and Poetry Editors.
Volunteers will not be paid cash, but we will be happy to give you a great reference.
Poetry and Fiction Editors are expected to:
- Make a 2 – 4 hours per week commitment during the following months: January through April, and September through December.
- Read and select promising submissions from the slush pile or through solicitation for the web and for the annual print journal.
- Collaborate/communicate with authors during the revision/editorial process, if necessary.
- Discuss selections with the Editor-In-Chief. The EIC will make final decisions for publication.
- Reside within the New York City tri-state area.
- Attend a maximum of three in-person editorial meetings per year in a NYC location.
- A paragraph or two explaining why you’d like to join us as editor and why you think you would be a good fit.
- Include any previous editorial experience, if any, and state your preferred genre.
- A list (or website link) with your previous publications.
- A list of three of your favorite pieces published by other people and explain why you chose these pieces.
- A copy of your CV/Resume.
Thank you and good luck!