Closed for submissions
Next Submission Period: April 1 – June 15, 2019
Digging Press, LLC is an independent publisher. We publish the literary and arts journal, Digging Through The Fat, and produce the podcast, Digging Through with Gessy Alvarez.
We are passionate about presenting a unique book design and offering editorial support. We aim to produce beautiful and artistic books. Selected manuscripts will have a small print-run, and authors will receive 20 copies plus $100 in payment.
2019: Spring Entry Period: April 1 – June 15; Fall Entry Period: September 1 – October 31.
Submission fee is $10.
We want to encourage risks and redefine narratives. More generally, to nurture experimentation in the arts. For our chapbook series, please submit a manuscript between 16 and 24 pages. Please read the following carefully:
- Submit a paginated manuscript of 16-24 pages (not including front matter). Poetry submissions: no more than one poem per page.
- Respect our blind submission policy. Your manuscript must be free of any identity-revealing information, including in the name of your file or in the “title” field in Submittable. Submissions that do not respect this policy will be automatically declined.
- You are welcome to include a brief bio or something about yourself in your cover note on Submittable, which will only be made accessible to the editorial panel after the group of Semi-Finalist and Finalist manuscripts has been chosen.
- Include the following in your upload document: a description or synopsis of your work, title page, table of contents, if appropriate, an acknowledgments page. (If the manuscript contains individual stories or poems that have been previously published online or in print, note previously published work on the acknowledgments page.)
- Please use a readable font in 12-point. Times New Roman or its equivalent is recommended. Manuscripts should be paginated (and double-spaced for fiction), not including front and back matter (table of contents, title page, etc.).
- The manuscript must be previously unpublished as a collection (including publication with a press, self-publication, online/digital publication, and publication in a small, limited-edition print run).
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable and encouraged, but please notify us by withdrawing your manuscript on Submittable immediately if it is accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Multiple submissions are not permitted.
- Collaborative collections are welcome.
- Hybrid/multi-genre submissions are also welcome.
- We cannot accept translations.
SPRING: The selected chapbook for the spring series is announced around the end of August or mid September each year.
FALL: The selected chapbook for the spring series is announced around the end of January each year.
With permission from our contributors, we may include accepted works in promotional material for Digging Through The Fat and Digging Press, LLC.
— Digging Press Team